Thursday, November 18, 2010

And then there was five….


As a follow on to my comments the other day comes this – the third fatality from Sunday’s crash, rapidly followed by another incident, this time caused by a less than diligent motorist forcing a cyclist to take evasive action simply because they did not pay enough attention to other road users as they exited their car.

Add to this another story – fortunately not another death (that’s five cyclists killed in four days by the way!) – where a lovely motorist forces a rider into the kerb, causes them to crash, breaking their collar bone and then telling them it was their fault. I too have had the same thing happen to me (minus the injury). I slapped a van once to alert them they were about to grind me into the pavement, only for the driver to stop me a few km along the road to ask what my problem was and to advise he would rip my head off if I touched his lovely van again!

Now, in the last blog I complained about the driving standards – last night I had ANOTHER near miss, rural, female driver, lack of attention, etc. It makes you wonder if you are on borrowed time riding a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment