Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another generalisation....

Another batch of stunning gross generalisations.

Recently in New Zealand the use of mobile phones by the person driving a moving vehicle was outlawed. However, some people are above this law, clearly far too clever/important/powerful to need to comply. Recently an off duty police officer, in full uniform, was pictured by a passing motorist exceeding the speed limit on a motorway whilst chatting on the phone - but this is not the generalistion.

The two groups I intend to criticise are as follows.

The perpetual texter, slaloming their way down the road fit quite simply into a single group - young and female, generally driving a blinged up hatch back - Mazda 3, Honda Civic, Subaru Impreza.

The other group is the chatting away whilst trying to hide the phone - again quite easily spotted - the works Ute or 4x4, usually a carpet fitters, decorator or a security alarm firm - I kid you not - I see at least one of each every day; maybe they have an exception certificate - I am allowed to use my phone because people Axminster rugs are more important than other road users safety, and why should I have to pull over to answer a call, because my truck is bigger than your car.

Another one? Why is it that fat people can usually be found eating pies?

No comments:

Post a Comment