Thursday, September 16, 2010

Proportional realtionships

Here's one to ponder - are certain things directly proportional or inversely proportional to other things?

Examples -

  1. Today I was driving round the Eastern Bay of Plenty, pretty rural - why does everyone drive so slowly? I got to Whakatane, and guess what, the pace increases. Gets back to Rotorua and everything is that little bit faster - of course Wellington and Auckland are hectic by comparison. So is the pace of life dictated by population?
  2. Stayed up to watch the Central District T20 game last night - as usual the part of the game I watched was dire, CD losing wickets all over the place, so I went to bed. Gets up in the morning, magnificent second half of the innings and a decent total, followed by a close run chase. So is the quality of the game inversely proportional to me watching it?
  3. The weather - when I have planned a bike ride, it rains, when I can't go it is sunny - so is desire inversely proportional to potential achievement?
Thoughts please!

No comments:

Post a Comment